Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Week 4 (Peer Suggestions and Revisions)

Thanks to Barbara Grayson for commenting on my action research plan. Her comment is as follows:
“Working with both types of districts, I hear this question quite often. Parents want the best education for their child, but don't always choose a private school for the curriculum or teaching practices. I like the student focus you are taking, especially the exploration of possible life choices. School is so isolated from the real world and students don't see that connection. Public and charter schools need to take on that responsibility but so many public schools focus on the state assessment and lose sight of other goals. Parent and students need to take a good look at the data on achievement, graduation, continuation to higher education as a start. Perhaps your study will help to generate a list of comparative questions for parents to ask of each type of school.”

Barbara’s comment made me feel more comfortable to research this subject. This comment has made me think about how much the research will benefit some of the classmates. Having chosen this topic has put me in this opportunity to assist others in finding the right fit for them as parents and for their children. That’s why I am glad that in my plan I have set aside a question and answer forum and will make it available on the internet for all to see so they can see that they are not alone in making a decision for their children’s education. It just seemed that most of the comments on my topic came from the discussion questions and they seem very intrigued to see what the results are going to be as was I. Just finding out the top reasons that parents choose charter schools over the traditional public school system was at the same time a challenge as well as a thrill to find out what goes into choosing one. I want to thank all that have given me feedback and insight as to what the results will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment